Saturday, August 20, 2011

HSG

When we got to Fort Benning I went to the doctor and found out I had to be referred to a GYN off post. This process took almost 3 weeks and it felt like a life time to me, I was ready to start a new treatment with a new doctor. My first visit we went in and talked to the doctor. He explained he wanted to run some tests before we would start any treatment. He wanted my husband to get a semen analysis done and I would have to get a hysterosalpingogram or HSG test. So my husband went for the semen analysis the next week and my doctor didn’t indicate any problems with it. I was prescribed provera to induce a period because the test has to be right after your period but before ovulation to ensure you are not pregnant. I went for my HSG the middle of July. I was terrified to do this after some horror stories I read on the internet. So the day of my test I arrive at the hospital at 7am and I end up having to wait 30 minutes for my doctor, this was nerve racking itself. So I go back in this ice cold room and have to get ready and I lay on the table. They pull this big machine over me and then the doctor starts injecting the dye into my uterus, from what I had read I was prepared for anything, I would say it’s a lot worse than period cramps but it could have been worse. I got my test results as soon as it was done, the doctor said I was good and showed me both tubes were open and clear and to schedule an appointment to see him in the next few days. I had cramps and nausea the rest of the day and was sore for 2 days but other than that I was fine. I was so excited, I really honestly felt my dream would become true really soon now that this test came back ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment