Sunday, August 21, 2011

day 12 ultrasound

So day 12 comes, and I go in for my ultrasound appointment. I patiently wait in the ultrasound waiting area watching women come out and show off their new ultrasound pictures of their baby’s, but this time its ok because that will be me soon. Finally I get called back. As she’s doing the ultrasound to check for a mature follicle I can see it on the TV in front of me and I can’t tell what anything is. Everything looks like black and gray pixels. She’s moving the wand around and pushing on my stomach and after about five minutes she asked me if I had taken clomid or anything to induce ovulation and I told her yes I had taken clomid days 3-7, she tells me to get dressed and to wait in the waiting room to see my doctor. I didn’t know what to think but I had a bad feeling, as I sat in the waiting room I became anxious and worried, maybe this wasn’t my miracle drug after all. It felt like an eternity before the nurse called us back, when she showed us into our doctors office instead of an exam room I knew it couldn’t be good. Soon my doctor came in and explained not only was there no mature follicle, but there wasn’t a follicle at all, since there wasn’t anything I wouldn’t do the injections this time. This time he wrote me a prescription for the provera and then 100mg clomid with the same instructions to come in on day 12 next month. I was devastated, I had read so many success stories about clomid working and while I knew that we might not conceive the first time or the second time I never expected that it wouldn’t do what it was supposed to, which was to produce a mature egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment